Prep 45 mins
Cook 6 hrs
These are great by themselves or served on sandwiches!
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves (minced, or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- In a large bowl, beat egg with salt, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, and garlic. Add chopped onion, beef, turkey, bread crumbs, and Parmesan cheese; mix well. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls and brown in a large skillet. Drain meatballs and transfer to a 5-quart Crock-Pot.
- In the same bowl, mix tomato sauce and wine; pour over meatballs. Cover and cook on Low for 5 1/2 to 6 hours.
- To serve as sandwiches: Place 3 to 4 meatballs on 6-8 split rolls; top with sauce from Crock-Pot. If desired add shredded mozzarella cheese, red and yellow pepper strips, sliced onions, or olives.