Recipe by Lainey6605
With cheese-filled meatballs and fill-you-up fettuccine, this soup is a whole meal in one bowl. Source: Ladies' Home Journal
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies (Ro-Tel Tomatoes with Green Chiles are available in many supermarkets)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded, divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 1⁄2 ounces fresh fettuccine, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1 large zucchini, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine broth, tomatoes, 1 t garlic and cumin in a pot. Cover and bring to a boil; simmer 5 minutes.
- Combine remaining garlic, beef, 1/2 cup cheese, salt and pepper in a bowl with hands. Shape into 3/4-inch meatballs.
- Add meatballs to broth. Cover and simmer 4 minutes. Add fettuccine and zucchini; bring to a boil.
- Simmer 2 minutes more, until fettuccine and zucchini are tender.
- Serve with remaining cheese.