Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Taste of Home's Healthy Cooking Magazine. Submitted by Jackie Tremont of Richmond, Virginia.
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white wine or 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 oz. each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the vinegar, wine, 1 tsp oil, chili powder, horseradish, dill, garlic powder, and salt. Add the pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for eight hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook chops in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
We were divided on this DH & I didn't care for them, but DD loved them. DH & I thought that the balsamic vinegar was a little overpowering. These were very easy, but I'm not sure that I would make them again. Made for 1~2~3 Hits.
The balsamic vinegar was a little strong for some but I liked it. This was easy to make. And very easy to cook up and get on the table. I served with fresh tomatoes from our garden. Made for * 1 2 3 Tag July 2009* game
Very tasty marinade. Only change was I cooked on an outdoor grill vs. stove top skillet. They turned out great, thanks for sharing.