Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
These were a big hit at our recent neighborhood party!
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled, deveined, with tails left on (about 30)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup gold tequila
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Im medium bowl, mix all ingredients except shrimp. Add shrimp, stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours.
- Spray broiler pan with cooking spray. Drain shrimp and discard marinade. Place shrimp on broiler pan and broil 4 inches from heat, 5-7 minutes, turning once, until shrimp turn pink.
I left mine marinating overnight due to a lack of planning. I thought the marinade was very good. We actually put them on skewers and grilled the shrimp. It had a lot of flavor. Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT4 - Chic Chefs.
My shrimp were already pink (cooked) after 8 hours of marinating due to the lime juice, so they only needed about 1 minute under the broiler to heat them up. I will also leave out the honey next time (personal preference). Made for ZWT4.