Recipe by barefootmommawv
A family favorite. Easy to make because most ingredients are found right in my pantry. It's great if your in need of a quick meal.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
very good, I have made something similar to this in the past using Hambuger Helper, this needed some heat so I added in 1 tablespoon chili flakes and also added in a jalapeno pepper and some chopped fresh garlic, my DS enjoyed this, thanks for sharing!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 (7 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) package Hamburger Helper cheeseburger macaroni
- salsa con queso, dip
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in water, beans, tomatoes and corn. Stir in mustard, salt, pepper and contents of macaroni sauce mix. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in contents of macaroni packet. Cover and simmer 10-14 minutes longer or until macaroni is tender, stirring once.
- Serve with salsa con queso dip.