Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Easy to make chili without all the fat.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 4 cups water (divided)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans chili beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces tomato juice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- In large pan, cook onion and green pepper in 1/2 c water until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients, plus the rest of the water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.