Recipe by Bergy
Very tasty, you can make it as hot or as mild as you want. Quick easy dish - no muss no fuss
Top Review by dale!
5 stars! What an excellent recipe! I cut the recipe in half and left out the chili powder as I used a hot salsa. Also didn't need to thicken the sauce as it came out just right and there was the perfect amount of it too. The cumin is great in this recipe, adds so much flavour. I will be making this again soon!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup salsa (your choice hot or mild)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the breasts in a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Whisk remaining ingredients (except cornstarch) together until they are well blended.
- Pour over the breasts.
- Coat both sides of the breasts with the sauce.
- Bake in 400°F oven for approx 30 minutes or until the chicken is done.
- Remove breasts, keep warm. Pour the sauce into a sauce pan stir in the cornstarch that has been mixed with a tbsp of water, bring to a boil and allow to thicken whisk constantly.
- Pour over the chicken & serve.