Recipe by EdsGirlAngie
This simple, refreshing salad has a nice little "bite" from cider vinegar and Dijon mustard, plus it's well-seasoned with sage and a little garlic and onion. Something different for your next barbecue! Prep times includes time to allow flavors to mingle.
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups lima beans, cooked fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 large plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients.
- Combine salad ingredients: lima beans, onion and tomatoes.
- Carefully add vinaigrette and stir until well blended.
- Allow flavors to mingle for at least a couple of hours, preferably; also, salad tastes best at room temperature.