1/2 Photos of Zesty Lemon Pepper Chicken
Part of my homestyle chicken dinner. With the sweet and tangy lemon, paired with the zesty black pepper, it is healthy as well as full of flavour! This chicken dish is also juicy, which makes it good over some wild rice, paired with my almond green beans!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put chicken into a large bowl.
- 2In a separate bowl, zest the lemon peel off the lemons. Then cut them in half and juice the lemons. (juice and zest in bowl; reserve lemon rinds).
- 3Mince onion and add it to the bowl with olive oil, paprika, thyme, salt and pepper. Reserve 3 tbsp of this marinade.
- 4Use hands or tongs to turn chicken over and coat it with the marinade.
- 5Marinate for 12 hours or overnight.
- 6Heat oven to 500 degrees.
- 7Put chicken skin side up on a shallow, medium-sized roasting pan.
- 8Place reserved lemon rinds into pan.
- 9Put chicken in oven and reduce heat to 375 degrees. Bake for 25 minutes, brushing with the reserved marinade, or until chicken is cooked through.
- 10Discard lemon rinds. Serve with remaining marinade. Good served with my almond green beans and.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zesty Lemon Pepper Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.1
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 630.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 16.5 g