Recipe by Matthew Molus
These are some of the best lemon bars I have ever tasted. No one can eat just one. If cut into one inch squares, one serving would be about 4 of them.
Top Review by JessFontenot
I love this recipe! It's an Ellen Straine recipe from when she was with Food Network . http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/calling-all-cooks/lemon-bars-recipe/index.html Or at least that's where I got it. Glad it's on Zaar. Best ever!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups oatmeal (NOT instant)
- 3 lemons, juice of
- 2 lemons, zest of, chopped fine
- 1 orange, zest of, chopped fine
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add flour and oatmeal to the butter and sugar mixture to make dough.
- (it will be a little crumbly) Set aside.
- Stir juice and zest into milk.
- Set aside.
- Butter (or spray) a 9 by 13-inch pan.
- Press two-thirds to three quarters of the dough into the pan.
- Spread lemon/milk mixture evenly over the top of the dough.
- Sprinkle the remaining dough over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes until golden.
- Let cool, slice into 1-inch squares.
- Cut into larger squares if you like.