Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Wonton wraps filled with zesty bites of sausage
- 6 ounces bulk Italian sausage
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 40 wonton wrappers
- marinara sauce
- Filling: In large skillet brown sausage and onion, breaking suasage into small pieces.
- Drain all fat from pan.
- Cool meat mixture.
- Stir in cheeses and parsley.
- Assembly: Place a rounded teaspoon of filling into one corner of wrapper.
- Moisten edges with water.
- Fold wrapper over and seal edges together forming a triangle.
- Bring two points over the center and cross.
- Moisten and press together.
- Cover and chill or freeze if not frying immediately.
- Fry wontons a few at a time in deep hot oil until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with warm marinara sauce.
Very easy to make and did not change anything. It was perfect for my granddaughter's New Years Eve party. There were none left. Thanks for posting.
Very yummy! We loved the spicy sausage, and the cheesiness, on a crispy wontin! I discovered you can make bake them as well. Just spray a little oil on a cookie sheet!