Make two batches of this-one to have on hand for several batches of Italian Dressing and one to use as a seasoning for grilled or roasted chicken! From Down Home with the Neely's Cookbook.
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
Zesty Italian Dressing
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar (original recipe called for white wine vinegar)
- 2⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons mixed spice (above spice mix)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic salt, onion powder, sugar, oregano, pepper, thyme, basil, parsley, celery salt, and Cajun seasoning.
- Store the spice mix in a tightly sealed container, and use as needed.
- To make dressing, whisk together the vinegar, oil, water and 2 tbls. of the spice mix. Enjoy!