Prep 7 mins
Cook 55 mins
What more could you ask for- Light,easy, great tasting and a all-in-one dish meal! My entire family loves this recipe. It was passed to me by my Mom. The rice has such a wonderful flavor that I sometimes adjust recipe and make more rice. I also like to marinate the chicken in some italian dressing ahead of time. It really makes a difference. It adds extra flavor to the chicken.
- 4 -5 chicken breast halves
- 1⁄3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen carrots and broccoli mix
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions
- 2 cups chicken bouillon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- Place rice, 1/2 can french fried onions, and italian seasonings in 9x13 pan.
- Pour bouillon over rice mixture.
- Arrange chicken on top.
- Pour salad dressing over chicken.
- Bake covered at 400 degrees for 30 minutes .
- Place vegetables around chicken, covering rice. Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes.
- Top with remaining onions. Bake 1-3 minutes.
I've had this recipe for nearly 20 years and it is great. The Italian salad dressing gives it a great zing. Try it with different types of frozen vegetables. Thanks for posting!