Prep 10 mins
Cook 42 mins
Some of the best darn fries ever! These are a bit time consuming, but so worth the effort and calories. :) Enjoy!
- 2 lbs new potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 cup zesty Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large red onion, cut into chunks
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup bacon bits
- 1 cup 2% shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Toss potatoes with dressing and pepper in greased 15"X10"X1" pan. Spread in single layer.
- Bake 20 minutes; stir in onions.
- Return to oven and continue baking 20 minutes (or until tender).
- Sprinkle with parsley and bacon bits, stir. Top with cheese. Bake 2 more minutes.
- Serve hot with ranch or blue cheese dressing.
Really Flavorful, The Potatoes were tender and They Absorbed Every Bit Of The Flavors....Great Recipe.
This was very good and easy to make. I've made similar recipes in the past, but I loved the tip of adding the onions later in the cooking , mine usually get all shriveled when I add them at the beginning. I cut the recipe to one serving and used Trader Joe's Caesar Dressing. I left off the bacon and cheese since I didn't think they'd compliment the lamb chop I served them with though I think they'd be great with other main dishes. Made for PAC Fall 09