Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another recipe from the Low-Fat Living for Real People cookbook. My fiance loves fish and this was a real winner. Halibut is a pretty bland fish but the other ingredients really pep it up.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1 lb halibut fillet
- 1⁄2 lemon, sliced thin
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- Spray a medium baking dish lightly with cooking spray.
- Lay onion slices on bottom and the fish on top.
- Place the lemon slices on fish and sprinkle with tomato.
- Season with pepper.
- Pour wine all over.
- Slowly bring to a boil on the top of the stove.
- Transfer to the oven and cook 10-15 minutes at 350F until the fish is cooked through.
We really loved this fish. It was so tender and flaky, and the flavor of the onions and tomatoes were perfect. The only thing I did different was I finished it on top of the stove, covered, until it was done, then put it under the broiler for a few minutes. It's so easy to make. I know we will have this a lot!!
It was simple but I don't care for the onion slices on the fish . The flavor was OK while the fish did come out moist
My roommate and I are trying out new "lighter" recipes so I decided I'd give this one a try. It was absolutely wonderful! My roommate couldn't stop saying how good it was! The fish was very moist and flaky. The flavor was great! The grocery store did not have halibut so I substituted Tilapia. I followed everything else exactly. Thanks for a great recipe that I will definitely make again!