Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a recipe I found while watching the foodnetwork channel. Paula Deen always makes everything look great, so I thought I would post it so later I could give it a try! This was paired with the Coconut Mango Rice.
- 6 (6 ounce) tilapia fillets
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, plus additional for brushing
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Place the fish in a large nonmetal dish.
- Whisk together the 6 tablespoons oil, the orange zest, orange juice, ginger, hot sauce, salt, and pepper, to taste; pour over the fish.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare grill.
- Brush the fish with additional oil.
- Grill until fish just flakes when tested with a fork, about 5 minutes per side for each inch of thickness.
This has nice flavors - a great way to have fish. The orange flavor is strong, with a bit of heat just in the background. It's very easy to prepare, and I used the oven and broiled mine instead of grilling. Thanks for posting, I will make this again.
This has a very nice orange flavor and super quick to fix. The marinade was poured over the fish and allowed to stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes before grilling. This was served with Roasted Potatoes and Green Beans. Made for PAC Spring 2012.