Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
A recipe I frequently use from the first cookbook I bought when I got married. . . Betty Crocker's Cooking for Two, 1973 edition. You can easily increase the servings for any number of people. My family really enjoys these with grilled lamb chops.
- Heat 1" salted water (1/2 teaspoon salt to 1 cup water) to boiling.
- Add unpared potatoes.
- Cover and heat to boiling; cook just until tender, about 30 minutes.(Do not overcook.).
- Cut hot unpared potatoes diagonally into 1/2" slices.
- Place in shallow glass dish; pour dressing on hot slices.
- Let stand 1 hour, turning slices once.
- Remove potato slices and place on grill 4" from hot coals.
- Cook 8-10 minutes. Turn; sprinkle salt and pepper on slices and cook until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes longer.