Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
I am going through my saved recipes that I cut out of magazines, and this is one of them I thought sounded tasty! For those that like it with a little more kick, add some cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes. Note: Time doesn't include marinating time. Update: I have now made this several times. I just love that the marinade is so quick to make and that I am able to cook it outdoors on the grill, very important here in Florida. This is such a tasty pork chop compared to fried or baked.
- 3⁄4 cup soy sauce (use low sodium for less salty taste)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 ribs (3/4 inch thick) or 6 pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients; mix well. Remove 1/4 cup for basting and refrigerate. Add pork chops to the remaining marinade and turn to coat. cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight, turning once.
- Drain chops, discarding marinade. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 4 minutes. Turn; baste with reserved marinade. Grill 4-7 minutes longer or until juices run clear.
A richly golden-colored glossy surface greets you when these moist, richly-flavored chops are set out. We honestly found the flavor a little stronger than we wanted, mostly in the soy sauce component; but also we suspect that most people will love exactly that and might even sprinkle on a little cayenne. We enjoyed them!
The base of this recipe made me the perfect pork chop!! <br/><br/>I used the posted recipe but due to being low on soy, I didn't have enough to bast with. I marinated with given sauce-then for basting I used italian dressing. Paired it with red potatoes marinated in olive oil, from our garden rosemary, garlic, butter and a pinch of salt-then placed on the grill. <br/><br/>Side dish was fresh green beans cooked over sauteed garlic, butter and almonds. <br/><br/>Topped my list of one of the best things I have ever cooked. Thank you!!!
Pretty good! Marinated overnight & meat was nice & juicy.