- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb green beans, cut diagonally, 1-inch lengths
- 1⁄2 small red bell pepper, 1/2-inch strips
- 5 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter.
- Add garlic and saute briefly.
- Add beans, pepper, and water.
- Cover and steam until tender-crisp (about 6 minutes).
- Remove cover, add vinegar, and increase heat to high to evaporate most of the liquid (1 to 2 minutes).