Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Greek Pasta Salad with a creamy, garlicky dressing, and crunchy vegetables. Gets better after the flavours mingle for a day. Keeps several days in the fridge - I make it on Sunday for lunches for the week.
- 1 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1⁄4 cups crumbled feta cheese (with herbs, if possible)
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk (or buttermilk)
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb penne pasta (or any other chunky pasta)
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, sliced and pitted (more, to taste)
- Combine dressing ingredients, and use blender or immersion blender to combine.
- Cook pasta, drain, and rinse.
- Add dressing and salad ingredients; toss well to coat pasta and vegetables.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
This is truly a delicious pasta salad that I made exactly as posted, including the herb-flavored feta. I made this a day ahead, and then brought it for lunch. The flavors really had time to marry well. I will be enjoying this again. Thanks for sharing.
I put a lot of love into making this salad and was well rewarded. The prep time was longer for me as I cut all the veggies into very small pieces. You can see in the photo, before the dressing was added, just how small I cut them. I used my blender to make the dressing. Upon removing the lid of the blender, you are hit with the aroma of the garlic. Yum!! I used 6 outer cloves which were very large. So if you are not a garlic lover, you may want to cut back on the garlic. Made for *Please Review My Recipe Tag Game* from March 26th 2010