Recipe by dogsandwoods
This recipe is on the Near East plain couscous box. I'm certain that most of the couscous flavors would work just as well in this recipe. It's a bit different than the others posted, so I'm adding it to Recipezaar.
- 1 (7 5/8 ounce) package couscous
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, cut into strips
- 1⁄3 cup green onion
- 3⁄4 cup feta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare couscous according to package directions, omitting butter or olive oil, and adding black pepper to water.
- In large bowl, combine prepared couscous, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Add tomatoes, zucchini, basil and green onions.
- Chill at least four hours.
- Just before serving, stir in feta cheese. Or, you may top with feta cheese as a garnish.
- May be served over romaine lettuce or fresh spinach.
- May be used as a vegan recipe if served without the cheese.
- Cooking time is minimum chilling time.