Recipe by noway
This recipe is a modification from the winner of a couscous contest put on by Near East. We left out the green onions. We also used grape tomatoes instead of regular to add flavor. Very good!
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
This was a super easy-to-prepare recipe that made a great take-along lunch. I made this exactly as posted, but found this to be a bit on the dry side, so I whipped up some more dressing to add in. Thanks for sharing this healthful dish.
- 1 cup couscous, prepared according to box
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, cut into strips
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Can be served hot or cold. If served hot, put zucchini in with couscous as it is being cooked (we prefer it hot). If served cold, chill for 4 hours before serving.
- Prepare couscous according to box directions using chicken broth or water, adding the black pepper, lemon juice, and olive oil.
- Once couscous has reached proper consistency, add remaining ingredients.