Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very refreshing salad. Crisp and flavorful.
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1⁄2 cup thinley sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- In large bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients.
- In small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Pour over vegetables; toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate.
I make this salad and it is really lovely. Have no clue what picante sauce is though. I use tomato juice and a little vinegar instead of the lemon juice and chopped garlic in the dressing with the rest of the ingredients. Use olives and roasted almond too as garnish and yellow and red peppers and a little cucumber and yes fresh corn kernel boiled in salt water and no avocado which is not easily found around here and if found is a little over my budget. Heck! I feel like I have hijacked the recipe but I mean well as I do love this salad. Was about to post it myself but ran a check and found yours :)Fay
This was ok, but I guess just not our cup of tea, we didn't care for the combination of veggies and it seemed a little too lemmony. Probably just personal preferance, I think it might have been the picante sauce seemed somehow out of place with the lemon, sorry just can't put my finger on it. It was worth trying, thanks.