Recipe by twylightBUBBLES
A lot simpler than it looks. I invented this as a cross between chili-cheese Fritos and a casserole that I could serve for dinner. It's fast easy and my family begs for it! The taste is unbelievable heaven. I know it's high in fat, but using low-fat beans and mozzarella helps cut some of the fat. I like to use Taco Bell brand seasoning and beans.
- 1 -2 lb ground beef
- 1 (9 2/3 ounce) bag Fritos corn chips
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 small onion (optional)
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can whole corn (optional)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans refried beans (or one of each) or 2 (16 ounce) cans chili with beans (or one of each)
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- sour cream (optional)
- olive (optional)
- tomatoes (optional)
- lettuce (optional)
- avocado (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- I like to use a large pot that can go from stove top to oven for less mess. Directions are for 2 pan method.
- Brown ground beef and onion drain and rinse if desired.
- Add taco seasoning mix to ground beef and 1/2 cup water simmer on low 3-5 minutes until half the water is cooked out of beef mixture.
- Pour beef mixture in LARGE oven-safe pan.
- Mix the whole bag of Fritos and can of corn in with the meat to coat them with taco flavor.
- Spread both cans of beans evenly over Frito mixture.
- Top with 8 oz of cheese. Put in oven on 350°F for 15 minutes or until cheese is all melted and bubbly.
- All garnish is optional--enjoy.