Recipe by FLUFFSTER
This is so easy and so delicious! You can change out the currant jelly for another choice, your favorite. Also, I use other chicken parts (parts are parts!) If you try other than the drumsticks, be sure to check your cooking time. This is great with rice, a simple romaine and tomato salad, and an ice cold margarita!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Had intended to follow the recipe, but then didn't! Used chicken breasts & baked them in a 375 degree oven for 35 minutes! I doubled all the sauce ingredients except for the hot pepper sauce, which I cut by 1/3! The breasts were liberally basted with sauce, & what was left over was served up on the side for those who wanted more! Very, very tasty ~ A recipe well worth keeping around! [Made & reviewed as a recipenapped bonus in Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #14, Mar 08]
- 1⁄4 cup currant jelly
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce (can be found on the ketchup aisle)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 dashes bottled hot pepper sauce
- 8 chicken drumsticks (about a pound and a half)
Directions See How It's Made
- For the sauce: Combine all of the ingredients except the chicken drumsticks in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat about 5 minutes or until bubbly, stirring occasionally to melt the jelly. Remove skin from chicken, if desired. Rinse chicken;pat dry.
- Grill chicken on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 35 to 45 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink, turning once halfway through grilling time and brushing with sauce frequently during the last 10 minutes of grilling.