Recipe by Miss Annie
These beans make a lovely side dish, especially with pork or beef. Prep time includes marinating. This recipe is from River Road III Cookbook of Louisiana.
Top Review by Derf
A wonderfull addition to our Thanksgiving dinner! Thanks Miss Annie, we really enjoyed the zestiness of the green beans combined with the Dejon, garlic and wine, great combination of flavours. I used fresh garlic, didn't have any garlic powder, 2 cloves smashed, it worked just fine. I served them just barely warm, slightly more than room temperature. They went over big time!! Thanks for sharing!!
- 3 (16 ounce) cans green beans
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain 1/2 the liquid from canned beans.
- Place beans, remaining 1/2 of liquid and garlic powder in a pan.
- Cook on medium heat for 20 minutes and drain.
- Combine margarine, wine, mustard and Worcestershire sauce and add to beans.
- Marinate in refrigerator 6 to 12 hours.
- Warm before serving.