Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This a delectable salsa, zesty and refreshing at the same time
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and diced
- 1 medium sweet purple onion, diced
- 2 green onions, chopped,including most of the greens
- 3 -4 shallots, peeled and minced
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and minced,to taste
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 -3 fresh limes, juice of
- 1 lime, zest of
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients together, cover and allow to sit for at least an hour before serving.
- To really let the flavors mingle, allow to chill for several hours.
I am a HUGE cucumber fan so I wanted to try this dish. I was very pleased. It is refreshing and I loved the lime flavor paired with the cucumber. I used an english cucumber so I could leave the skin on. I also used the best Portuguese olive oil that I had and it was perfect.