Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
I found this in the Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook -- Bridal Edition and have since modified this recipe for baby-back ribs. I usually double the amount of ingredients for the sauce (Which I have done below) and if the family wants it a little saucier, I just use whatever BBQ sauce we have in the house. Also, if you like that grilled taste, slip the cooked ribs under the broiler for about 3 minutes before serving.
- 2 lbs pork baby back ribs, cut into pairs
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2⁄3 cup bottled chili sauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups molasses
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Combine ketchup, chili cause, molasses, lemon juice, mustard and red pepper until well blended.
- Cut ribs into pairs and place in crock pot.
- Pour sauce over ribs, cover with lid and cook on med to high for 6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Place cooked ribs on the unheated rack of broiler pan.
- Brush with sauce and broil 4 to 5 inches from heat for about 3 to 5 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Heat any remaining sauce and pass with ribs.