12 hrs 10 mins
Crafty Lady 13's Note:
A tender pot roast cooked in the crock pot along with potatoes, carrots and celery. This roast gets its zesty flavor from a mixture of garlic, basil, oregano, parsley and vinegar all stirred together in tomato soup. I got this recipe from the Campbell's Slow Cooker cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2-3 lbs boneless bottom round roast or 2 1/2-3 lbs chuck roast
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 stalk celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium plum tomato, diced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1Season the roast with the black pepper.
- 2Put the potatoes, carrots, celery and tomato in a 3 1/2 quart crock pot. Top with the roast.
- 3Stir the soup, water, garlic, basil, oregano, parsley flakes and vinegar in a medium bowl. Pour the soup mixture over the roast and vegetables.
- 4Cover and cook on LOW for 10 to 12 hours or on HIGH for 5 to 6 hours or until the meat is fork-tender.
- 5Remove the roast from the crock pot to a cutting board and let it stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Thinly slice the roast and put on a serving platter. Remove the vegetables with a slotted spoon and put on platter. Pour the juices from the crock pot into a gravy boat and serve with he roast and vegetables.
- 6Tip: For a thicker gravy, stir 1/2 cup water and 1/4 cup all-purpose flour in a small bowl. Remove roast and vegetables from crock pot and stir the flour mixture into the juice. Turn the heat to HIGH and cook for 10 minute or until the mixture boils and thickens.
Browse Our Top Easy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Easy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zesty Crock Pot Italian Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (463 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 605.4
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 172.9 mg
- Sodium 535.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 69.3 g