Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My mother-in-law entertains often and this is one of her tried and true dips
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) can crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 3 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, snipped
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, toasted, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375F and lightly spritz a shallow baking dish with cooking spray (Pam).
- Mix all the ingredients except for the almonds and place in prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle the almonds over the top and bake for 15 minutes.
Placing the cream cheese in the micro for 25 seconds was perfect for mix in the ingredients. I mixed everything except for the crab to blend together then gentle tossed the lump crab meat. I also sprayed the dish before adding the dip. I didn`t toast the almond slices because the almonds would toast while in the oven it doesn`t take much for then to brown. Served with crackers.