Recipe by WI Cheesehead
Came across this recipe that I used to make. Saving it to make again. Not sure on the amount of servings. I remember it made a lot.
Top Review by BlueSapphire
My husband was pretty excited to eat the leftovers the next day; I thought it was zesty too. I did make some changes by using fresh green beans and plank cut some corn off the cob since they are so cheap and also left out the chopped tomatoes and adobo seasoning. I would make it again.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) can low-sodium tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4-1 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 1 -2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 8 ounces frozen green beans, thawed in the microwave with a little water
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 medium carrots, cut in pieces
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- garlic powder
- adobo seasoning (optional)
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef; drain.
- Place ground beef in crock pot. Add tomato sauce and water, tomatoes, BBQ sauce, green beans, corn and potatoes. You may need to parboil the potatoes if you are cooking the dish only 4-5 hours.
- Place carrots and water in a microwave and cook for 4 minutes, or until tender. Put carrots in crock pot.
- Add minced onion. Shake some garlic powder and Adobo over the contents. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on low 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.