Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Came across this recipe that I used to make. Saving it to make again. Not sure on the amount of servings. I remember it made a lot.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) can low-sodium tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4-1 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 1 -2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 8 ounces frozen green beans, thawed in the microwave with a little water
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 medium carrots, cut in pieces
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- garlic powder
- adobo seasoning (optional)
- salt & pepper
- Brown ground beef; drain.
- Place ground beef in crock pot. Add tomato sauce and water, tomatoes, BBQ sauce, green beans, corn and potatoes. You may need to parboil the potatoes if you are cooking the dish only 4-5 hours.
- Place carrots and water in a microwave and cook for 4 minutes, or until tender. Put carrots in crock pot.
- Add minced onion. Shake some garlic powder and Adobo over the contents. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on low 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
My husband was pretty excited to eat the leftovers the next day; I thought it was zesty too. I did make some changes by using fresh green beans and plank cut some corn off the cob since they are so cheap and also left out the chopped tomatoes and adobo seasoning. I would make it again.
I received a crockpot as one of my Christmas presents and this recipe was the second one I tried with it. :) It is delish! DH absolutely loved it, which I loved because he normally doesn't like ANYTHING with veggies. Our only suggestion is to add a bit more spice, maybe red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper or tabasco. It was a bit sweet but overall wonderful. DH just took the leftovers to work... and he never takes leftovers. ;) Thanks so much for sharing.