If you don't have fresh, you could use frozen corn, cooked for a shorter period. Prep time includes chilling time.
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels (about 8 ears)
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄3 cups sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine corn kernels and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 15 min or until corn is tender. Drain well.
- Combine corn, red pepper, celery, green onions, parsley and basil in large bowl.
- In separate bowl, combine vinegar, sugar, oil, salt and pepper. Pour over corn mix.
- Toss well. Cover and chill at least 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Toss before serving. Six (1-cup) servings.
Made with fresh corn, green onions, celery and red peppers. At this point the recipe turned south of the border ;-) used cilantro instead of parsley, and red wine vinegar instead of raspberry vinegar!
Also added in finely minced jalapeno! And the results were . . . EXCELLENT! Thanks for sharing Amy!
Made this with fresh corn (while I can, since it's in season!) & this salad had such a great taste because of that, I'm sure! The only change I made was to use lemon pepper in place of the S&P! A GREAT, GREAT RECIPE, & thank you for sharing it! [Tagged, made & reviewed for my chosen chef in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap 13]