Recipe by Margie99
This sounds like a great corn side dish with a little jalapeno kick. i got it from the eat better America website.
Top Review by nemokitty
I have to agree with breezermom -- making your own Mexicorn. I didn't use the green pepper and used regular canned corn and left out the cilantro. It was very good. Will make this one again. Made for Zaar 1-2-3 Hits Tag Game 2011.
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 (1 lb) bags frozen corn
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 12" nonstick skillet melt butter over medium heat. Cook bell peppers and jalapeno in butter 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally until crisp tender.
- Stir in frozen corn, oregano and salt. Cover and cook 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until corn is tender. Stir in cilantro.