Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
I used to make this when I was a poor student. Great fast and easy meatless dish.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- hot cooked rice
- In a saucepan, combine tomatoes, corn, beans, chiles, oregano, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until corn is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
I made this tonight and added some extra spices (cumin, garlic and more chili powder) and it was very good. Could even have used more spiciness, but very satisfying.
I've made this twice now, tonight with red kidney beans and Bhutanese red rice. Amazing flavor combination.
Oh man was this good! Even my picky teens liked it. I served it over rice I made in my rice cooker using veggie broth. It was great. I will be making this often. I try to make at least 2 meatless dishes a week. This will be a family favorite I'm sure.