Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Cooking Light 2004
Make and share this Zesty Corn and Bean Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- cooking spray
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 4 large ears)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3⁄4 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced seeded jalapeno peppers
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Add corn; sauté 8 minutes or until browned. Remove from pan; cool completely.
- Combine juice and next 4 ingredients (lime juice through salt), stirring with a whisk. Combine corn mixture, tomatoes, and remaining ingredients.
- Drizzle juice mixture over corn mixture, and toss gently to coat.