Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
There are many ways to make this however i haven't found one on here. I didn't look too hard but the way I make it is not listed. Feel free to add and remove the veggies you do not like or just use what you have on hand I'm doing the basic structure of how i do this for a cheap quick side dish to any meal. You can buy the suddenly salads and make it too. Please note: 2oz is the average sizes for pasta.. i suggest using your best judgement in how much you want to make I scale it up slightly so I can have left overs with left over chicken added in for a great lunch.
- 8 ounces pasta (any type)
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 large tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes)
- 1 medium bell pepper
- 4 sprigs flat leaf parsley (use the stems too)
- 1 small onion (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Italian dressing (i use zesty Italian dressing just ensure it's coated on everything some use olive oil)
- boil water add salt to water if you desire (i also add a bit of oil) add pasta once boiling. cook till pasta is to your liking.
- While the pasta is cooking, Cut up your cucumber, tomatoes, pepper, parsley into bit sized pieces. Place them your dish to mix and serve.
- drain the pasta, and run them over cold water. Drain more.
- Check pasta to ensure it's cold add to bowl adding the Italian dressing mix and serve. (note always better the next day).
When making this, I did leave out the onion & used 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered, then followed the recipe the rest of the way & we had a very tasty, refreshing pasta salad! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]