Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very colorful salad that is beautiful to serve. A nutritious salad with a fun dressing with a slight kick. Onions add a nice touch, but do not take away from the salad for those that are onion-sensitive. Very good with a pasta or rice dish.
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon raspberry-flavored white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup finely sliced red onion
- 6 cups torn spinach leaves
- 2⁄3 cup sliced almonds, roasted (optional)
- To make dressing:mix orange juice, vinegars, honey, oil, ginger, salt and pepper flakes in blender.
- Blend 30 seconds.
- In medium bowl:combine orange slices, bell pepper, onion, and dressing.
- Marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Toss spinach with dressing mixture and sprinkle roasted almonds on top.
This was a hit with my family... the dressing was admired, and the roasted almonds were a nice touch. Healthy and flavorful and varied.