Jeff & Kelly's Note:
A very colorful salad that is beautiful to serve. A nutritious salad with a fun dressing with a slight kick. Onions add a nice touch, but do not take away from the salad for those that are onion-sensitive. Very good with a pasta or rice dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon raspberry-flavored white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1/2-3/4 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup finely sliced red onion
- 6 cups torn spinach leaves
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds, roasted (optional)
- 1To make dressing:mix orange juice, vinegars, honey, oil, ginger, salt and pepper flakes in blender.
- 2Blend 30 seconds.
- 3In medium bowl:combine orange slices, bell pepper, onion, and dressing.
- 4Marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- 5Toss spinach with dressing mixture and sprinkle roasted almonds on top.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zesty Citrus Salad
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 88.3
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 182.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar
raspberry-flavored white wine vinegar