1/1 Photo of Zesty Citrus Chicken
From Cooking Light - Love lemon and lime!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 limes
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- 6 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour (about 2 1/4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (about 1 ounce) or 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (about 1 ounce)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- cooking spray
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 12 thin orange slices
- 1Grate rind from limes, reserving 2 tablespoons rind; set aside. Squeeze juice from limes to equal 3/4 cup.
- 2Combine lime juice, lemon juice, and chicken in a large zip-top plastic bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 2 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- 3Preheat oven to 350°.
- 4Remove chicken from bag, reserving 2 tablespoons marinade. Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, paprika, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in flour mixture. Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add 3 chicken breast halves; cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Place chicken in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and chicken.
- 5Combine lime rind and brown sugar; sprinkle over chicken. Combine reserved marinade and broth; drizzle around chicken. Top each chicken breast half with 2 orange slices. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until chicken is done. Place chicken on a serving platter. Strain any remaining liquid in dish through a fine mesh sieve over a bowl. Discard solids. Spoon sauce over chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zesty Citrus Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.1
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 98.6 mg
- Sodium 505.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 15.6 g
- Protein 40.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth