Recipe by Puppies777
This is a family pleaser. There are some uncommon ingredients, but it is easy to make and the taste is deep and rich. A breeze to double and freeze ahead.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon instant beef bouillon
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti, uncooked
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups pinto beans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook ground beef in Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until browned (4 - 5 minutes). Drain off fat. Add onion and garlic; continue cooking until lightly browned (2 - 3 minutes).
- Stir in all remaining ingredients except spaghetti. Continue cooking until mixture comes to a boil (4 - 5 minutes). Reduce heat to low. With cover ajar, cook until flavors are blended and sauce thickens(about 60 minutes).
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain. To serve: divide cooked spaghetti among 5 bowls; top each serving with 1 cup chili and your favorite toppings.
- Notes: The first time I made this I stored it in the refrigerator overnight to have more time to blend the flavors. It was great!
- When doubling the recipe, reduce the tomato sauce to 3 (15 oz each) cans and 1 (8 oz) can for a total of 53 oz (instead of 2 x 29 oz = 58 oz).
- In Cincinnati the true enthusiasts have their Chili 1 - 5 ways:.
- 1. Plain.
- 2."Two Way" - Spaghetti and Chili.
- 3."Three Way" - Chili, Spaghetti, and Cheddar Cheese.
- 4."Four Way" - Chili, Spaghetti, Cheddar Cheese, and Onions.
- 5."Five Way" - Chili, Spaghetti, Cheddar Cheese, Onions and Kidney Beans.