Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A really yummy chili mac type dish that can be made for carnivores and veggies alike, and can also be made gluten free. I'm a vegetarian and my hubby has celiac so this is a great recipe that we can both eat that we both love!
- 1 (16 ounce) package pasta noodles (any shape, regular or gluten-free)
- half a package soy chorizo (trader joe's is veggie and gluten free, but you can use the real thing if you want)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces of shredded cheese (we like monterrey jack)
- 1 few dashes garlic
- 1 few dashes red chili pepper flakes
- Boil the pasta until just under al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, heat/cook the chorizo in a skillet pan.
- Drain and return pasta to cooking pot.
- Combine pasta with spaghetti sauce and chorizo.
- Stir until combined, then add garlic and chili pepper flakes to taste.
- Stir in cheese, leaving some for sprinkling on top.
- Pour into 9x13 pan and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 400 for about 25 minutes.