Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
I got this recipe from a coworker, and it's SO yummy - really healthy, too!
- 1 1⁄2 cups chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups cooked macaroni
- 1 large bell pepper, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a blender, combine 1/2 cup of the chickpeas, the vegetable oil, the red wine vinegar, 1 T. of water, the salt, and the cayenne pepper.
- Pulse until smooth.
- Pour over pasta, stir in the other cup of chickpeas, the pepper, and the celery.
- Stir and chill!
This has nice flavor but I thought was somewhat dry. Next time I would up the sauce. I don't like celery so I left it out and replaced with sliced carrots. I liked the crunch they gave. Nice healthy lunch.