Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A recipe inspired by Betty Crocker, modified to be used by my friends and me in our once-a-month freezer meal prep. The ingredients are pre-assembled, frozen, then cooked fresh the night you want them. For the frozen vegetables, I find that a pre-made combination of broccoli, cauliflower and carrots works well, but any veggies that would cook in the same amount of time would work fine. Orzo is a fun pasta many people have never tried - it comes out very creamy in this recipe.
- Add chicken to a 1 qt freezer bag, vegetables and 3T dressing to a second qt bag, and pasta to a snack size bag. Squeeze out air, seal, and label with a Sharpie marker. Place in freezer.
- Remove the bags from the freezer and defrost when you are ready to prepare the meal.
- Heat oil in skillet over med-high. Cook chicken in oil, turning once, for about 10 minutes until brown on both sides. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add broth and water to skillet; heat to boiling. Stir in pasta; heat to boiling. Cook uncovered about 9 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in vegetables and dressing.
- Add chicken; sprinkle with pepper. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered about 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender and the chicken juices are no longer pink.