Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I think this recipe came from the Rotel website. It makes a nice light spring or summer dinner. I like the contrast of the hot chicken with the chilled fruit. Serve with salad, and some crusty bread.
- 1 (10 ounce) canrotel diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained with juice reserved
- 1 cup diced cantaloupe
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled,chopped
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Pam cooking spray
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup white wine (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine RO*TEL, cantaloup, cucumber, green onions and lime juice, refrigerate until chilled.
- Place chicken in a large skillet sprayed with PAM.
- Pour wine and reserved RO*TEL juice over chicken.
- Heat to a boil, cover.
- Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Add chopped cilantro to chilled fruit salsa, spoon over chicken.