I think this recipe came from the Rotel website. It makes a nice light spring or summer dinner. I like the contrast of the hot chicken with the chilled fruit. Serve with salad, and some crusty bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained with juice reserved
- 1 cup diced cantaloupe
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled,chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Pam cooking spray
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup white wine (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1Combine RO*TEL, cantaloup, cucumber, green onions and lime juice, refrigerate until chilled.
- 2Place chicken in a large skillet sprayed with PAM.
- 3Pour wine and reserved RO*TEL juice over chicken.
- 4Heat to a boil, cover.
- 5Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes or until chicken is done.
- 6Add chopped cilantro to chilled fruit salsa, spoon over chicken.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zesty Chicken With Chilled Fruit Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.0
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 82.3 mg
- Sodium 82.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 31.2 g