Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Not exactly sure where I found this recipe, but it is delicious and so easy.
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt (divided)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes with jalapenos
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Combine cumin, oregano, and 1/2 teaspoons salt in cup.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub spices onto chicken.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet with tight-fitting lid (iron skillet works good).
- Add chicken and cook over high heat 3 minutes per side or until browned.
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Remove all but 1 teaspoon drippings from skillet; add bell pepper and onion.
- Cook over medium-high heat until vegetables are golden, 4 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, beans, and remaining 1/4 teaspoons salt; bring to a boil.
- Return chicken to skillet; transfer skillet to oven, cover and bake 20 minutes or until juices run clear when thickest part of chicken is pierced or temperature on instant-read thermometer reaches 180°F.
Nice flavor and easy to make. I decided to shred the chicken rather than leave it whole. Great with a tortilla that way.