Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
These chicken wings are super easy to make and taste delicious!
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 lbs whole chicken wings (about 16)
- In a saucepan, combine the first 8 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes, or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tips.
- Place wings in a well-greased 15inch x 10inch x 1inch baking pan.
- Bake at 375* for 30 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Brush wings with sauce.
- Bake 20-25 minutes longer, basting and turning once, or until chicken juices run clean.
These were really good, but DH and I both thought they weren't the best wings we have had. But they were really tasty and sticky. I did cover my baking pan with foil...glad I did because..."been there, done that"...and the pan can be murder to clean. These are real easy to prepare and I could see them making the transportation to a different location with ease...with just a zap in the microwave or just eating them cold. Thanks for posting. Made for Spring PAC 2011.
Lip smacking good, I had 18 wings and made as per recipe and as I had some sauce left over we put it over the wings for some extra kick. The only change I made was to use 1 teaspoon of extra hot chilli powder as a tablespoon would have blown our heads off especially with serving some of the sauce over the wings but it was enjoyed so much that the MIL has requested the recipe, thank you for a great recipe and dinner Potato Loving Sisters, made for PAC 2014.
My husband really likes these, and they went over well at a baby shower I took them to. I first saw this recipe in Taste of Home. Thanks for posting, PotatoLovingSisters! Update: I prefer to substitute honey for the corn syrup, and I dip the wings in the sauce rather than brushing or basting (both times).