Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
A quick and tasty meal. This is a modified version of a Minute Rice meal.
Make and share this Zesty Chicken Taco Rice Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, diced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 (13 1/4 ounce) can ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 ounce taco seasoning mix
- 1 (12 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 medium red peppers or 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups Minute Rice
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- tortilla chips
- Cook chicken in hot oil in large skillet until lightly browned.
- Stir in broth, tomato sauce, seasoning mix, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in corn and pepper, and bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice.
- Cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork.
- Serve with cheese and tortilla chips.
This is always the first request I get from my grown children when they return to town and it is so easy. The only tweak that I made to the original Minute Rice recipe is adding 1/2 large sweet onion, diced while browning the chicken and use low sodium taco seasoning as it seems to have a bit more spice.
I'm not giving this a star rating as I have not tried it. My copy of this recipe calls to also serve it with sour cream, if desired. The rest is the same. Thanks for posting what sounds like a good recipe! Christine (internetnut)