- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, sliced thin
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch green onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch, divided
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli, thawed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ginger, garlic, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, and soy sauce in a bowl. Set aside.
- Take thinly sliced chicken (I like to slice it in the morning when still frozen, my slices come out much thinner) and coat in 1/2 of the cornstarch. Add chicken to marinade mixture and allow to marinate in refrigerator for 45 minutes.
- Heat oil in wok or stir-fry pan.
- Add chicken and marinade to pan, cook for 5 minutes or until chicken is just cooked through. Set aside.
- Add vegetables to pan, cook 5 minutes or until just cooked. They should be crispy, not mushy.
- Return chicken to pan. Add chicken broth and the remaining cornstarch. Bring to boil for one minute then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve over steaming hot rice.