1/2 Photos of Zesty Chicken Sauté
In a recent Cookbook Swap, I received some STELLAR cookbooks from Chef #22015. This recipe is from one of them. "Cheap. Fast. Good!" by Beverly Mills and Alicia Ross. What a wonderful book! This recipe is now one of my favourites. The chicken is perfectly spiced, in my opinion. I love the ease of preparation! You may need to increase the spice mixture though (if you like it thick like I do!). I made up a batch of the spices and when it was gone, I simply made up another half recipe of it. Worked out perfectly with no waste!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, salt (if using) and allspice (if using) in a gallon-size zipper-top bag and seal the bag. Shake the bag to combine the spices thoroughly. (NOTE: I usually omit the onion powder and put in about a 1/2 tsp lemon pepper. I like that the best!).
- 2Place the chicken breast halves, one at a time, between two sheets of waxed paper or plastic wrap and pound them with several whacks of a meat mallet or rolling pin so that they are an even 1/2 inch thick. Peel off the paper. (Each serving should be about 6 ounces, so if the breast halves are large, cut them in half lengthwise.).
- 3Place the chicken pieces in the bag with the spices, seal it, and shake until the chicken is coated with the spice mixture. Set the bag aside.
- 4Heat the oil in an extra-deep 12 inch skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned on the first side, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn the chicken and cook until no longer pink in the center, another 4 to 5 minutes.
- 5Transfer the chicken to a platter and serve.
- 6A salad would be great alongside. My family's favourite is Deep Browned Potatoes (Deep Browned Potatoes) and corn.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zesty Chicken Sauté
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.4
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 108.8 mg
- Sodium 209.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 36.4 g