Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Based on a recipe from Pam Spaude & Jan Owan-McMenamin, R.D.'s cookbook, One Year of Healthy, Hearty & Simple One-Dish Meals. They say to serve with "a vegetable of your choice and top off with fresh honeydew melon slices for dessert." I serve in a low-carb tortilla wrap for a nice light lunch!
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 lb cooked boneless skinless chicken, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, diced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Parmesan cheese and garlic in bowl; blend well.
- Add chicken, celery, green onion and pepper.
- Toss well to coat.
Very good! I like the ingredients to this chicken salad. In addition to the ones listed I added some red grapes to enhance the flavor even more. My family enjoyed this for a wonderful lunch. Prepared as a participant in the Aus/NZ Swap #35 December 2009 Event.
Aussie Swap 27: This is indeed a Zesty chicken salad - the lemon juice provides a little pucker - it's refreshing!
Very delicious lunch! I really enjoyed the garlic and parmesean, I have never added then to my chicken salad before. Wrapped it up with a tortilla and added a little lettuce. I'll have to make more next time, because DH eats two of these. Thanks for sharing! Made for PAC Spring 2009