Recipe by mersaydees
Based on a recipe from Pam Spaude & Jan Owan-McMenamin, R.D.'s cookbook, One Year of Healthy, Hearty & Simple One-Dish Meals. They say to serve with "a vegetable of your choice and top off with fresh honeydew melon slices for dessert." I serve in a low-carb tortilla wrap for a nice light lunch!
Top Review by Seasoned Cook
Very good! I like the ingredients to this chicken salad. In addition to the ones listed I added some red grapes to enhance the flavor even more. My family enjoyed this for a wonderful lunch. Prepared as a participant in the Aus/NZ Swap #35 December 2009 Event.
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 lb cooked boneless skinless chicken, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, diced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper